We are a student run and student-centered organization at FIU. Our membership is made up of undergraduate and graduate students from all disciplines. We are nationally accredited by the National Society of Physics Students and university-supported (we’d like to think our professors actually like us). We welcome all physics enthusiasts! Everyone here is thirsty for knowledge, science, progress, and all things of a nerdy caliber (or any linear combination of the above).
Benefits of Joining SPS!
We believe it is important to be part of a supportive community with like minded individuals. We strive to create a sustainable environment on which our members can professionally, academically, and socially thrive. The following is a list of ways we accomplish this:
- We host/attend a myriad of events, featuring cool/interesting/sometimes dangerous science/tech experiments and demonstrations.
- We actively inform of opportunities to achieve academic success such as internships, scholarships, grants, conferences, etc.
- We advocate for you, the student, in case you need a voice to represent you on campus. For example talking to professors, asking for funds for a project or conference, etc.
- We help you get through many obstacles that an undergraduate degree presents, by providing you with resources, mentors, tutoring, and advice.
- We are proud to say that we have members that have succeeded at international physics competitions, internships, conferences, and have gone on to elite graduate schools including MIT.
- Free food is likely to be present at our events.
If you would like to contact one of our current executive board members:
Marketing Coordinator & Web Designer